All links where active at the time they where posted. I visit all the web sites before a link is posted. Let me know if you need a link updated, removed or moved to a different section of the site. - Curt
My Take on TAB!
TAB, short for tablature
Wikipedia states: "An alternate usage of the word "tab" is common on the Internet, where it can also refer to conventional chord symbols (for harmony), or note names (for melody)."
(Curt Sheller) This a departure from what has been traditionally known as TAB. There's a lot of sites on the Internet, especially ukulele sites popping up that claim to be TAB sites. These are mostly sites with the chords and lyrics to songs, with or without chord diagrams. Not really "TAB&" in the traditional sense, but I guess we're stuck with an expansion of the definition of TAB.
I don't have anything against TAB. It is a useful tool I use with beginning students for getting a start learning an instrument such as the ukulele, guitar, banjo, etc... It gets you learning the songs you like and already know and like. However that is one of its major drawbacks, you need to know the song already. It also has several long-term drawbacks. Check out my lesson on The Trouble with TAB! for more information.
Ukulele TAB Sites & Resources
- Dominator Ukulele Tabs - link - Dominic "Dominator" Pieranunzio has some of the best ukulele TABs available on-line. And, a great player as well.
- Chord Melody Ukulele Solos by Geoff Davis - link - Blue Stone Folk School - Each download contains a chord and lyric sheet, a chord melody arrangement, a performance tempo video and an instruction tempo video.
- Classical Ukulele Arrangements - link
Classical and early music for the Ukulele
- daddystovepipe tabs - link
- ezFolk - link
- Richard Gillmann's Free Ukulele Tab Links - link
Richard has a big list of links to ukulele TABs around the web.
- MeleNui - link - MeleNui is a new source for Hawaiian and local ukulele tabs submitted by users. They are non-profit and ad-free!
- Ken Middleton - link - New book - 12 Tunes for Bluegrass Ukulele. And, a great collection of FREE TABs with video links.
- NALU music - link - This is the late ukulele great, John King's site. John is a master classical guitarists and ukulele player. Also a very knowledgeable historian of all things ukulele.
- Tab-U-Learn - Tab-U-Learn
Tabs for Baritone Ukulele,Tenor Ukulele, and Harmonica
- Joseph Todaro Todaro's Music - link
- TRI-TABS - link
The Easy Way To Learn Fingerstyle On Any Ukulele.
- UkeLand - www.UkeLand.com - UkeCast is your source for new ukulele music, news, reviews, interviews and more!
- Ukulele Zoo - www.ukulelezoo.com
- Ukulele Tabs - link - Tablatures for ukulele
Other TAB & Transcription Resources
Don't forget to checkout other instruments for sources of great transcriptions.
- Steve Khan
Steve Khan is one of my all-time favorite guitarists. Steve has a wealth of great information and transcriptions on his site.
All links where active at the time they where posted. I do visit all the web sites before a link is posted.
Let me know if you need a link updated, removed or moved to a different section of the site. - Curt
Link Submission Criteria
In my travels, far and wide, across the digital divide called the Internet. I've collected a few links of interest to ukulele sites, musicians, blogs and the like. Well, not a few - a lot!!!
I'd venture to say that I have the best collection and organization of ukulele links on the web. And, I do visit ALL sites and re-visit sites from time to time trying to keep everything up to date.
Enjoy the best collection of ukulele links on the web and send me your links and I'll visit your site and add a link to the appropriate links page.
FREE Bronze Plan - A limited selection of basic lessons ( currently over 140 ) and 100+ songs for ukulele as well as basic general music reference material — Completely FREE — Simply Register/Signup to access associated lessons, books, songs and their related assets.
NOTE: Each higher membership level includes ALL the benefits of the lower membership levels.
The Private Lesson Plans include all the benefits of a Premium Access Plans as long as you remain a student on on the schedule.
Just browsing over both books, they look fantastic! I'm a guitarist and uke player for over 25 years and was thinking about writing a ukulele book but you've already written what I think are the best, most comprehensive and thorough books I've ever seen for the instrument. I just might end up buying every book you've written and I'll be giving my highest recommendation for your books to my friends and students. Thank you so much for taking the time to write such great books! — Peter Rhee
Aloha, Curt, All I can say is WOW! What you have accomplished is simply incredible! All the best — Glen Hirabayashi, The Aloha Boys
Folks, if you haven't stopped by Curt's site, do so right now! ..And get his books, they are fantastic. This guy knows his stuff and is able to pass it along too. — Alan Johnson Proprietor, The 4th Peg
I can highly recommend Curt's Uke books — I have four of them and they are excellent. — fatveg — Portland
Thanks for visiting and checking out the site!
Original Curtie Animation - 1987 for my first web site
31 years ago years ago.
Content is added and updated almost daily - so check back often.
LearningUkulele.com has one of the largest collections of lessons, songs, and TABS, luthiers, ukulele builders, ukulele festival and club information, and, ukulele links on the web. I’ve been on the ®Internet since the early 1990's and This site just never stops growing!!!