Additional Related to Building Ukuleles
- Stagg Electric Uke Hack : Fitting a pickup to a cheap uke
- Ukulele Rescue: Fixing a crack howto
- Koa sound box and cedar neck Pete Howlett kit
Repair a simple cracked open seam with hot hide glue using percussion technique. Will work for any wooden string instrument. And, yes, I misspoke and should have said "the two halves of the top" or more correctly "the two halves of the back" ...in any event: it made a sickening noise when it suddenly started to crack apart shortly after I rested it on a shelf. It was a new instrument and was probably constructed in a high-humidity shop somewhere in the tropics.
- The building of my tenor ukulele... by Jerry Foster - Koa sound box and cedar neck Pete Howlett kit
- My Summer 2005 Project: - An All-Koa Tenor Ukulele
- Notes from an Amateur Luthier...: Building A Concert Ukulele (by Kathy Matsushita)
This is a great site with lots of information on building instruments.
- LUTHERIE: The art of stringed instrument building. Building a Concert Ukulele (by Al McWhorter) - link
- Sam Nihipali & Daniel Yuen's detailed instructions on making your own ukulele
Very nice site with lots of information and images on building ukes. Al chronicles his building of a concert uke.
- My New Adventures in Musical Instrument Building - Ukulele Building
- My Homemade Ukulele - Gary Anwyl's web page of building a soprano ukulele. - link
- Key Strummers Ukulele Building no. 1 and no. 2 Photo Albums: - link
- Ukulele Building Series - (Pegasus Guitars) link
- Building a Ukulele - link
- Uk Ukee - Tips & Tools for the DIY Ukulele Luthier link - This is a great resources for building ukuleles. There is a also a store for Lutherie supplies - all ukulele centric.