- UPDATED My (Curt's) String Recommendations on the Ukulele Strings . My custom set I put together is available now.
- NEW Added the Fats Waller song Ain't Misbehaven' . This is the song that the Funky Frets Uke Players are performing to open the 2022 Funky Frets Uke Fest , in Boyertown, PA USA October 7, 2022.
- UPDATED The Latest News page has been updated.
- UPDATED Glossary of Music Terms
- NEW • The ukulele is all about community and sharing. And, what better place to develop the LearningUkulele.com community than with its own LearningUkulele.com Discord server Chime in and help grow the LearningUkulele.com community.
• Back to School SALE In the Northern Hemisphere this is the
Back to Schoolseason. Vacations are over and everyone is settling into their new routine. Starting September 1st there is a sale on the Forever Premium Site Membership. and save $80 (USD). This IS a great deal that I don't know how long I'll run it.
- NEW • Tag any listing as a favorite for later recall. Favorite can be accessed from your User Profile
- UPDATED • Lots of updated site sections. Getting to updating all the festival site for their dates for 2023 that I run across. I'm visiting previous festivals to see if they are doing 2023. Let me know of any to visit and add or updated on teh site.
- UPDATED • The Copyright Resources & Links .
- UPDATED • The Ukulele Strings pages.
- UPDATED • The FAQ page. FAQ pages and GLossary pages are a great resources for information and little tidbits of musical knowledge that can go a long way in enhancing your enjoyment of music and your chose instruments(s).
- UPDATED • The Blues pages. Added a few blues style descriptions. Will be adding a further analysis of the styles for playing on ukulele. Updated the Repertoire, Improvisation page.
- UPDATED • July and August has seen massive amounts of work and changes go into LearningUkulele.com / Learning Ukulele with Curt. A NEW site color theme, added more related links to the lessons, books, songs, and workshops.
- NEW • Added a Tuning page and Metronome page . Get in Tune and Play in Time!
NEW User Profile Access Menu
Members can now access their Favorites, Completed Lessons, Assets & Assignments and if a Private Student their Lesson Notes through a handy dandy dropdown menu by clicking on their profile avatar in the upper right hand corner of the page.
- UPDATED • Lessons — Checkout the Main Lessons Page and view by Last Updated for all the changes and updated lessons..
- NEW From the Performance Archives — Posted a few songs from previous performances.
- NEW User Profile Menu for accessing their Favorites, Completed Lessons, Assets & Assignments.
- The Annual Summer Site Cleanup for 2022 and, in the
biz, a re-factoring has started. Expect a lot of new goodness around LearningUkulele.com.
- NEW Summer (in the Northern Hemisphere) Theme • LearningUkulele.com is starting to look great.
- NEW Harmonica Section • The Harmonica is a great, portable, and unassuming instrument and fun to learn. Even more portable than our favorite instrument – the Ukulele.
- Ukulele Festivals pages has been updated with 2022 dates and NEW festivals. As, festivals are getting back to live, in-person festivals. I've slowly been updating and adding new festivals.
- Ukulele Strings
page has been updated. Fellow ukulele players are always asking
Can I get the strings you use?. Yes, you can — I'm packaging up my custom set that I've been using, for years and making them available thru our family music store, Funky Frets. Look for these over the next couple of weeks.
WOW!, I actually keep this up for a year — might actually keep it going.
- Ukulele Festivals Around the World page has been updated.
/sheetmusic') }}">Sheet Music And Music Collections page has been updated.
- All videos for the Triads and Alternating Thumb Fingerpicking workshops have been posted.
- Week One video added for: Triads — You Know More Than You Think has been uploaded.
- Videos added for: Learning the Ukulele Fingerboard & Bass for Ukulele Players workshops. The Learning the Ukulele Fingerboard is FREE to view.
- Search Pages Updated • The Lessons , Songs , Books , etc search pages have bee tweaked a bit ti reveal some of the features that an not that obvious. Such, as sorting by Updated items.
- Open Position Chords & Their Movable Forms • Updated a few of the lessons in this series and going over the series for more updates.
- Added my Moanin, Premium play-along Track , Moan', the Bobby Timmons, first recorded by Art Blakey's band on the 1958 album of the same title. The play-along is available to ALL Gold members.
- Reading Songs & Leadsheets • Playing music, especially the ukulele is all about getting together with others and playing songs. Reading music opens you to a world of music beyond the ukulele. And, It's not as hard as you might think to read chord charts, leadsheets, fake books, and learning your way through a song's roadmap.
- The Lessons , Series , Books , Songs , Songs , and Songs , search pages have been update with more sorting.
- UPDATED: Jammin' Pages have been updates. This is the section where you can learn all about Jamulus , Latency , and Open Mic and Jam Etiquette .
- Added: Berkshire County Uke Fest - Oct 17, 2021 to Ukulele Festivals. Fest is held at: HiLo North Adams, 55 Union St., North Adams, MA 01247 USA
- Search Pages Updated: The Lessons , Lesson Series , Songs , Playalongs , Books , and, Videos search pages have been update to use the latest version of the Open-Source search engine, MeiliSearch, an open source, blazing fast and hyper relevant search-engine that I use to enhance your LearningUkulele experience.
- Updated: Setting Up Your Ukulele: Action, Intonation — A description of the terms you'll most likely encounter regarding the setup and maintenance of your ukulele. And, you can learn to do a lot more yourself than you would think.
- UPDATED Series: Triads - Traditional and Contemporary Triads and Introduction to Soloing on `Ukulele Using Scales and Triads Plus One lessons series has been updated.
- NEW: lesson series added on Piano for Ukulele Players . Have you ever been walking by a piano and just wanted to play something?
- Updated Ukulele Festivals: Several up-coming ukulele festivals scheduled for the remainder of 2021 have gone virtual, implemented COVID protocols, or canceled. Your own Funky Frets Uke Fest that our family music store runs in Boyertown, PA USA had to cancel for 2021. Checkout the Ukulele Festivals Around the World listings and calendar to get the latest information regarding the any particular festival and be sure to check the festivals website for he latest and most update information of that festival.
- NEW: lesson added on Voice Leading . Voice Leading is the smooth connection of one chord to another. The concept is pretty simple and only has two (2) principles. This makes the 699 lesson on LearningUkulele.com, Learning Ukulele with Curt. One more to go for 700.
- NEW: Added
barreto the Glossary of Music Terms .
- Updated: The History of the `Ukulele
page. There several great books available on the history, the instruments, and the adventures of the ukulele available and worth checking out. Added the book:
The Martin Ukulele: The Little Instrument That Helped Create a Guitar Giant. I have this book it is a really good history of Martin GUitar and the Ukulele.
- Updated: The Six Secrets of Ukulele Fingering book. A bunch of the examples have been fixed - especially the Contraction examples. Download the new updated book if you this book and you should have this book t you really want to learn how t=oe navigate the ukulele fingerboard and take advantage of all the possible pathways possible.
- Added Amy Kucharik , a Massachusetts based Singer-Songwriter to the Ukulele Musicians and Ukulele Teachers pages.
- The Monthly Site Access Plan is back.
- The Monthly Site Access Plan is back.
- Types of Chords Available on `Ukulele updated with some new information. Chords are what we do the most of on ukulele.
- One-on-One Private Lessons with Curt. • Book a private lessons or series of lessons with Curt.
- Updated Ukulele Festivals pages. • Updated festival listings for 2021 and beyond.
- New Page: • Open Mic Etiquette page. • Here are few tips to joining in on an Open Mic, Jam Session, Kanakapila — virtual or in-person.
- Updated: • Amplifying Your Ukulele: Pickups page. • "Passive, Active, Electric" – Just what does all that have to do with getting my ukulele louder? This page goes a long way in helping you understand just what is involved in getting your ukulele louder.
- New Page: •
">Jazz Ukulele: Additional page. • The Jazz Guitar community has a wealth of knowledge and resources that we can draw from. This new page will highlights a few of the better resources that I have come across. My original two web sites that I created that ultimately morphed in LearningUkulele.com where my original guitarresources.com and jazzguitarresources.com.
Up To March 2021
There have been a lot of changes, tweaks and new information added to LearningUkulele.com. So take a look around and see what you can find.
Site Access Plans for LearningUkulele.com
Forever Access - With Forever Premium Access, you get ALL the benefits of a Premium Access Subscription such as Unlimited 24/7 access to ALL lessons, downloads, songs, play-along jam tracks, videos, email access to Curt, resources, related assets, and ALL books by Curt as FREE downloads. Pretty much everything on the site, and NEVER worry about a subscription or surprise payment again. And jump the queue for responding to any questions.
If you're anything like me (Curt) and getting Subscription overloaded with everything and everybody on-line wanting money from you once a month — I'm with you. For like-minded individuals, this forever plan is a pay once, and you're done.
The price for Unlimited Forever access is right around the cost of a few months of private lessons. I can guarantee there is more than enough material on-line to keep you busy for a long, long time. And, you get all of my books for FREE. That alone is more than the cost of this plan.
Basic Access - A limited selection of basic lessons — ( currently over 140 ) and 100+ songs for ukulele as well as basic general music reference material — Completely FREE — Simply Register/Signup. HOWEVER - I've been doing ukulele and LearningUkulele.com since 2003 and probably have given too much away already - as reflected in my income from the site in relationship to the time spent on the site. So help support this site and its continued development by signing up for one of the below Premium Access Plans or buy a few of my books. - Thanks, Curt
NOTE: Each higher access level includes ALL the benefits of the lower levels. Private Lessons include all the benefits of a Premium Access Plans as long as you remain a student on the schedule.
Just browsing over both books, they look fantastic! I'm a guitarist and uke player for over 25 years and was thinking about writing a ukulele book but you've already written what I think are the best, most comprehensive and thorough books I've ever seen for the instrument. I just might end up buying every book you've written and I'll be giving my highest recommendation for your books to my friends and students. Thank you so much for taking the time to write such great books! — Peter Rhee
Aloha, Curt, All I can say is WOW! What you have accomplished is simply incredible! All the best — Glen Hirabayashi, The Aloha Boys
Folks, if you haven't stopped by Curt's site, do so right now! ..And get his books, they are fantastic. This guy knows his stuff and is able to pass it along too. — Alan Johnson Proprietor, The 4th Peg
I can highly recommend Curt's Uke books — I have four of them and they are excellent. — fatveg — Portland
Want to drop LearningUkulele.com & Learning Ukulele with Curt a nice comment . We always like to know how we are and you are doing. We'll post any comment, quotes throughout the site and you can help spread the word .
Thanks for visiting and checking out the site!
Original Curtie Animation from 1987 for my first web site on a Macintosh II, 35 years ago. Man, does time fly.
“Built for myself (Curt), and sharing with the `Ukulele community!”
LearningUkulele.com has one of the largest collections of lessons, songs, and TABS, Luthiers, ukulele builders, ukulele festival and club information, and, ukulele links on the web. Curt has been on the ®Internet since the early 1990's and This site just never stops growing!!!
Content is added and updated daily — so check back often.
I really do need to get out more ;-)