All 2 sample page(s) are viewable on-line.
If you are a registered site member and have the correct permissions you can view ALL the pages of this PDF or Samples pages at a larger size. You can resize the browser window smaller to a tablet or phone size and the pages will magically grow larger.
Or, use the Online PDF Viewer . available for premium members .
This Download is NOT part of your LearningUkulele.com membership level. Sign-up for Premium Site Access or Upgrade Your Plan your current access level to download this PDF or your can purchase a copy for download.
Each PDF file is a formatted, high resolution file that prints out great. You'll need Adobe Reader or a PDF viewing application to view your PDF file.
Advanced Guide to Chords - Chord Building Chart
Chords can be categorized into four basic chord types; Major, Minor, Diminished and Augmented. Here are the formulas for building the 11 basic 4-part chord types as well as the traditional triads. This chart can be used as a companion to any volume of The Advanced Guide to Guitar Chords and A Guide to Advanced Chords for Ukulele, which presents a highly organized and efficient approach to the mysterious subject of 4-part chords.
Available for Premium Site Access Plans Only
Sorry, can't give it ALL away!
This content requires a Premium / Gold Access Plan or enrolled in the Study with Curt - On-line or Private Lesson Program.
To view additional content for this page you'll need to either Sign In or Register for or Upgrade to a Premium Site Access Plan.
Major Chord Types
- Major - 1 3 5 • [ Capital letter only or MAJ. maj, ∆ ]
- 7 - 1 3 5 b7 • [ 7, dom7, dominant 7 ]
- Major 7 - 1 3 5 7 • [ maj7, MAJ7, MA7, ∆7 ]
- Major 6 - 1 3 5 6 • [ 6, maj6, MAJ6, MA6 ]
Minor Chord Types
- Minor - 1 b3 5 • [ m, mi, min, - ]
- Minor 7 - 1 b3 5 b7 • [ m7, mi7, min7, -7 ]
- Minor-Major 7 - 1 b3 5 7 • [ mL7, mmaj7, m∆7, minmaj7, min∆7 ]
- Minor 6 - 1 b3 5 6 • [ m6, -6, mi6, min6 ]
Diminished Chord Types
- Diminished - 1 b3 b5 • [ °, dim ]
- Half-Diminished 7 - 1 b3 b5 b7 • [ Ø7 ]
- Diminished-Major 7 - 1 b3 b5 7 • [ °L7, dimL7 ]
- Diminished 7 - 1 b3 b5 bb7 • [ °7, dim7 ]
Augmented Chord Types
- Augmented - 1 3 #5 • [ +, aug ]
- Augmented 7 - 1 3 #5 b7 • [ +7, aug7 ]
- Augmented-Major 7 - 1 3 #5 7 • [ +L7, augL7, L7(+5) ]
Download or View PDF for Complete Lesson
Download this lesson's PDF file for the latest, complete, and most up-to-date version of the lesson. As well as additional information not presented on-line.
Members and Active Students need to sign-in to download this lesson's PDF for the complete lesson.