Member's Content Only
Members can view all pages of the PDF on-line.
This PDF contains 54 page(s).
Resize the browser window to a mobile smaller size to view the PDF images larger.
A Guide to Ukulele Chords for Lefties
Publisher(s): Curt Sheller Publications
Size: 8.5 x 11
Product Code: BC1UKE-L
Covering basic ukulele chords that ALL uke players MUST know, movable chord forms, rock uke chords, how to transpose chords, learning the ukulele fingerboard and an introduction to 4-part jazz chords and more... FOR LEFTIES
Tunings: C, G, or D Tunings. Low or high string four variations.
Table of Contents: A Guide to Ukulele Chords for Lefties
- Open Position Chords
- The Ukulele Chord Diagram
- “C” Tuning Open Position Chords
- “D” Tuning Open Position Chords
- Baritone Open Position Chords
- Open Position Chord Summary
- Movable Chord Forms
- “A/Bb” Movable Form Chords
- “C/Db” Movable Form Chords
- “G/Ab” Movable Form Chords
- 4-Part Movable 7th Chord Forms
- “C” Tuning - Soprano, Concert & Tenor • (G C E A)
- “D” Tuning - Soprano, Concert & Tenor • (A D F# B)
- “G” Tuning - Tenor & Baritone • (D G B E)
- Generic • All Common Ukulele Tunings
- Additional 7th Movable Chord Forms
- Tips for Remembering Chords
- Diminished & Augmented Chords
- Rock Uke
- Power 5 Chords
- sus Chords
- Add 9 Chords
- 4-Part “Jazz”” Chord Forms
- What is a Chord?
- A Few Chord Building Rules
- Creating the 4 Basic Chord Types
- Building More Advanced Chords
- Scale Interval Formula Chart
- Suggested Learning Order
- Scale Interval Chart
- Transposing Chords & Progressions
- Practice Chord Progressions
- Orlando Blues
- WC Swing
- Learning The Ukulele Fingerboard
- Common Tunings
- Key Frets
- "C" Tuning Natural & Sharp Notes
- "C" Tuning Natural & Flat Notes
- "D" Tuning Natural & Sharp Notes
- "D" Tuning Natural & Flat Notes
- "G" Tuning Natural & Sharp Notes
- "G" Tuning Natural & Flat Notes
Errata: A Guide to Ukulele Chords for Lefties
- 15 Feb 2009 - Errata File Created
- 28 June 2011 - pages, 9 10, and 11 chord fingers fixed for a few chords. - download full chapter here.
The latest download ( PDF or eBook ) always has the latest changes and errata changes incorporated and contain the most up-to-date version of the file. If you download the book from LearningUkulele.com you'll be notified when there is a new version of the book available.
No videos for A Guide to Ukulele Chords for Lefties at this time. Filming a lot of videos for various lessons, songs and books.
No additional downloads for A Guide to Ukulele Chords for Lefties at this time.
No related lesson series for A Guide to Ukulele Chords for Lefties at this time.
No additional assets for A Guide to Ukulele Chords for Lefties at this time.
No related books for A Guide to Ukulele Chords for Lefties at this time.
No related songs for A Guide to Ukulele Chords for Lefties at this time.
Site Membership Plans
FREE Plan - A limited selection of basic lessons ( currently over 140 ) and 100+ songs for ukulele as well as basic general music reference material — Completely FREE — Simply Register/Signup to access associated lessons, books, songs and their related assets.
Basic Plan - The Basic Plan gives you access to a larger selection of lessons, downloads, books, songs and all of the premium play-along jam tracks. A site membership so inexpensive that I might as well have called it FREE.
Premium Plan - The Premium Plan gives you access to ALL lessons, downloads, songs, play-along jam tracks, videos, email support, resources and related assets. As well as additional FREE book downloads - depending on your payment plan selected - pay more, get more.
NOTE: Each higher membership level includes ALL the benefits of each of the lower levels of membership. The Private Lesson Plans include all the benefits of the Premium Access Plans
Just browsing over both books, they look fantastic! I'm a guitarist and uke player for over 25 years and was thinking about writing a ukulele book but you've already written what I think are the best, most comprehensive and thorough books I've ever seen for the instrument. I just might end up buying every book you've written and I'll be giving my highest recommendation for your books to my friends and students. Thank you so much for taking the time to write such great books! — Peter Rhee
Aloha, Curt, All I can say is WOW! What you have accomplished is simply incredible! All the best — Glen Hirabayashi, The Aloha Boys
Folks, if you haven't stopped by Curt's site, do so right now! ..And get his books, they are fantastic. This guy knows his stuff and is able to pass it along too. — Alan Johnson Proprietor, The 4th Peg
I can highly recommend Curt's Uke books — I have four of them and they are excellent. — fatveg — Portland
Thanks for visiting and checking out the site!
Content is added and updated almost daily - so check back often.
LearningUkulele.com has one of the largest collections of lessons, songs, and TABS, luthiers, ukulele builders, ukulele festival and club information, and, ukulele links on the web. I’ve been on the ®Internet since the early 1990's and This site just never stops growing!!!