Hypercard Language Programming Software
Looking for more of a listing or to update your listings contact: Curt
Listings are FREE. Anything beyond the basics we can negotiate.
Chechout the Ko'olau Guitar & Ukulele listing for an idea of what I can do. I'm a big fan of their instruments and play a custom Ko'olau CS Tenor, actually have two as one is a back up in training.
Listing Info • click here to show or hide more info
from the HyperCard web site
Go my start with HyperCard and it “was” (sadly no more), the most fun program I ever had. I made more money off the Mac because of that program and had a MAJOR career shift because of it. Great stuff!!! Just like a gateway drug it was a gateway programming language and lead to C++ and some really cool stuff.
- Google HyperCard Group
- HyperCard discussion group - *link*
- **Pantechnicon Wiki** (Warehouse of everything involving Apple’s HyperCard) - *link*
- HyperCard Heaven - *link*
- Google HyperCard Group
- **International HyperCard User Group** (iHUG)- *link*
- **European HyperCard User Group** (eHUG) - *link*
- **Danny Goodman** *Danny Goodman* is a computer programmer, technology consultant, and a well known award-winning author of over three dozen books and hundreds of magazine articles on computer-related topics. He is best known as the author of **The Complete Hypercard Handbook** (1987, Bantam Books, 650,000 copies in print).
- Open Source xTalk Interpreter Archive
- **HyperActive Software** (eHUG) - *link* HyperActive Software means software solutions -- custom answers for the special needs that off the shelf products can’t meet. Ways to get the most out of your time with the least hassle. Software that works hard and looks easy.
Here are a few of suggested replacement (from web banter):
- **SuperCard** - SuperCard.us/ This is the program that I would go with. It is the closet to the old HyperCard but up to date and runs on the latest Mac OS X system - both PPC and Intel. It is Mac only but that is OK by me :-)
- **Revolution** - www.runrev.com/
- From HyperCard to Revolution info
- **REAlBasic** - www.runrev.com/
- **REALbasic for HyperCard Users** by Matt Neuburg - *link*
- **HyperNext Studio** - *link*
- Older Apple Software Downloads - *link*
More information available on the HyperCard's web site.
Even more information, discussion and comments on this listing.
Site Access Plans for LearningUkulele.com
Forever Access - With Forever Premium Access you get Unlimited 24/7 access to ALL lessons, downloads, songs, play-along jam tracks, videos, email access to Curt, resources and related assets. As well as ALL books by Curt as FREE downloads. Pretty much everything on the site and NEVER worry about a subscription or surprise payment again. And jump the queue for my responding to any questions.
Basic Access - A limited selection of basic lessons — ( currently over 140 ) and 100+ songs for ukulele as well as basic general music reference material — Completely FREE — Simply Register/Signup. HOWEVER - I've been doing ukulele and LearningUkulele.com since 2003 and probably have given too much away already - as reflected in my income from the site in relationship to the time spent on the site. So help support this site and its continued development by signing up for one of the below Premium Access Plans or buy a few of my books. - Thanks, Curt
NOTE: Each higher access level includes ALL the benefits of the lower levels. Private Lessons include all the benefits of a Premium Access Plans as long as you remain a student on on the schedule.
Just browsing over both books, they look fantastic! I'm a guitarist and uke player for over 25 years and was thinking about writing a ukulele book but you've already written what I think are the best, most comprehensive and thorough books I've ever seen for the instrument. I just might end up buying every book you've written and I'll be giving my highest recommendation for your books to my friends and students. Thank you so much for taking the time to write such great books! — Peter Rhee
Aloha, Curt, All I can say is WOW! What you have accomplished is simply incredible! All the best — Glen Hirabayashi, The Aloha Boys
Folks, if you haven't stopped by Curt's site, do so right now! ..And get his books, they are fantastic. This guy knows his stuff and is able to pass it along too. — Alan Johnson Proprietor, The 4th Peg
I can highly recommend Curt's Uke books — I have four of them and they are excellent. — fatveg — Portland
Thanks for visiting and checking out the site!
Original Curtie Animation from 1987 for my first web site on a Macintosh II.
33 years ago.
“Built for myself (Curt), and sharing with the `Ukulele community!”
LearningUkulele.com has one of the largest collections of lessons, songs, and TABS, luthiers, ukulele builders, ukulele festival and club information, and, ukulele links on the web. I’ve been on the ®Internet since the early 1990's and This site just never stops growing!!!
Content is added and updated almost daily - so check back often.