Hypercard Language Programming Software
from the HyperCard web site
Go my start with “HyperCard” and it “was” (sadly no more), the most fun program I ever had. I made more money off the Mac because of that program and had a MAJOR career shift because of it. Great stuff!!! Just like a gateway drug it was a gateway programming language and lead to C++ and some really cool stuff.
Even more information, discussion and comments on this listing below.
Additional Information for: HyperCard
Hypercard: Initial release August 11, 1987; Final release 2.4.1 / 1998; Written in Apple Pascal.
HyperCard Software Alternatives
Here are a few of suggested replacement (from web banter):
- SuperCard — The first HyperCard clone, for MacOS 10.14 and earlier. This is the program that I would go with. It is the closet to the old HyperCard but up to date and runs on the latest Mac OS X system - both PPC and Intel. It is Mac only but that is OK by me :-)
- LiveCode — Originally known as MetaCard, this cross-platform IDE runs on Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Android, iOS and as a browser plugin. LiveCode •
- DataOrganizer — A database that succeeds a modern HyperCard-like system for the Mac with Button Tasks/ClickScript-style programming named BayCard.
- Older Apple Software Downloads -
- HyperCard (WikipediA) — HyperCard is a software application and development kit for Apple Macintosh and Apple IIGS computers. It is among the first successful hypermedia systems predating the World Wide Web.
- Hypercard.org — A great resource for and information on HyperCard.
- HyperCard Heaven —
- Google HyperCard Group
- European HyperCard User Group (eHUG) -
- Danny Goodman *Danny Goodman* is a computer programmer, technology consultant, and a well known award-winning author of over three dozen books and hundreds of magazine articles on computer-related topics. He is best known as the author of The Complete Hypercard Handbook (1987, Bantam Books, 650,000 copies in print).
- Open Source xTalk Interpreter Archive
- HyperActive Software (eHUG) - HyperActive Software means software solutions - custom answers for the special needs that off the shelf products can’t meet. Ways to get the most out of your time with the least hassle. Software that works hard and looks easy.