Showing 24 of 85 sample page(s). Premium members can click on images for larger, readable view.
Sign-In to access this download if you are already a site member or Sign-up for a LearningUkulele.com site membership.
Each PDF file is a formatted high resolution file that prints out great.
You will need Adobe Reader or a PDF viewing application to view your PDF file.
The Advanced Guide to Chord Progressions for Guitar - Volume I
Author(s): Curt Sheller
Publisher(s): Curt Sheller Publications
Size: 8.5 x 11
Common chord progressions and chord sequences.
Volume I of The Advanced Guide to Chord Progressions for Guitar features the principles of voice leading applied to chord progressions. These principles are explained using chords from volume I of The Advanced Guide to Guitar Chords. Chapters with common major and minor full diatonic, partial diatonic and chromatic chord progressions are also included to further explore voice leading.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents: The Advanced Guide to Chord Progressions for Guitar - Volume I
- Voice Leading Technique
- String Family Considerations
- Common Tone Location
- Non Common Tone Location
- Voice Leading Examples - Connecting Chords
- Two Chord Example, String Family 1 2 3 4
- Two Chord Example, String Family 2 3 4 5
- Three Chord Example, String Family 1 2 3 4
- Three Chord Example, String Family 2 3 4 5
- How To Practice Chord Progressions
- Written and Transposed Keys
- Transposition Charts
- Full Diatonic Progressions
- Partial Diatonic Progressions
- Chromatic Progressions
- Common Major Progressions
- Common Minor Progressions
- Progressions using Upper Partial Chords
- Progressions using Altered Chords
- Mixed Upper Partial and Altered Chords
- Add and Sus Chords
- Slash Chords
- Beyond Strict Voice Leading
- Harmonic Rhythm
Errata: The Advanced Guide to Chord Progressions for Guitar - Volume I
- 6/2/2006 - Updated ISBN number to new ISBN-13 number.
- 1/23/2005 - (20060123.2.7) page 11, 6th chords. Third chord grid in, the notes on strings 4 and 3 are on the right fret but the strings needs to be swapped. Fingering is also changed to reflect this.
- 3/01/2005 - (20050301.2.6) - Page numbers need fixing as well as TOC.
- 5/27/2004 - (200405270030.2.5) - Fixed a a few error and made all chord grids the same.
- 5/13/2004 - (200405112245.2.4) - Fixed a couple of wrong chords and replaced uke image with gtr in header.
- 5/11/2004 - [ver:200405111045.2.3] - New chord grids and fixed m7 string family 1234 chord 1
- 4/1/2004 - [ver:040120042240] Fixed error in bottom chord on page 48. The #5 note was one fret too high. Should be the same fret as the b7.
- 3/25/2004 - New color cover.
- 12/16/2003 - Errata File Created
The latest download ( PDF or eBook ) always has the latest changes and errata changes incorporated and contain the most up-to-date version of the file. If you download the book from LearningUkulele.com you'll be notified when there is a new version of the book available.
Related Videos for The Advanced Guide to Chord Progressions for Guitar - Volume I.
Related Lessons for The Advanced Guide to Chord Progressions for Guitar - Volume I at this time.
Related Lesson Series
Related Lessons Series for The Advanced Guide to Chord Progressions for Guitar - Volume I at this time.
Related Book Files, Resources and Assets
Related Assets for The Advanced Guide to Chord Progressions for Guitar - Volume I at this time.
Related Book Books
Related Books for The Advanced Guide to Chord Progressions for Guitar - Volume I at this time.
Related Songs for The Advanced Guide to Chord Progressions for Guitar - Volume I at this time.
disqus displayed in production only!!!
Site Membership Plans
Basic Plan - A limited selection of basic lessons ( currently over 140 ) and 100+ songs for ukulele as well as basic general music reference material — Completely FREE — Simply Register/Signup to access associated lessons, books, songs and their related assets.
Forever Premium Gold Plan - The Forever Premium Gold Plan gives you Unlimited 24/7 access to ALL lessons, downloads, songs, play-along jam tracks, videos, email access to Curt, resources and related assets. As well as ALL books by Curt Sheller as FREE downloads. Pretty much everything on the site and NEVER worry about a subscription or surprise payment due. And jump the que for my responding to any questions.
NOTE: Each higher membership level includes ALL the benefits of the lower membership levels. The Private Lesson Plans include all the benefits of a Premium Access Plans as long as you remain a student on on the schedule.
Just browsing over both books, they look fantastic! I'm a guitarist and uke player for over 25 years and was thinking about writing a ukulele book but you've already written what I think are the best, most comprehensive and thorough books I've ever seen for the instrument. I just might end up buying every book you've written and I'll be giving my highest recommendation for your books to my friends and students. Thank you so much for taking the time to write such great books! — Peter Rhee
Aloha, Curt, All I can say is WOW! What you have accomplished is simply incredible! All the best — Glen Hirabayashi, The Aloha Boys
Folks, if you haven't stopped by Curt's site, do so right now! ..And get his books, they are fantastic. This guy knows his stuff and is able to pass it along too. — Alan Johnson Proprietor, The 4th Peg
I can highly recommend Curt's Uke books — I have four of them and they are excellent. — fatveg — Portland
Thanks for visiting and checking out the site!
Original Curtie Animation - 1987 for my first web site
32 years ago.
LearningUkulele.com has one of the largest collections of lessons, songs, and TABS, luthiers, ukulele builders, ukulele festival and club information, and, ukulele links on the web. I’ve been on the ®Internet since the early 1990's and This site just never stops growing!!!
Content is added and updated almost daily - so check back often.